Research & Reference
I did considerable research for the Mannahatta Series before I began writing and referred back to my sources over and over again as I wrote.
There are an incredible number of fantastic resources out there and so much to learn. As with any type of learning, you are never really finished! But these books and numerous websites, taught me a lot about Native American culture and history and about the early years of New York City before and shortly after the arrival of the first European settlers.
I hope I haven’t made too many mistakes in my series and I sincerely hope I’ve honored the Lenape people and have created an honest set of novels of adventures with characters who can be respected by all, regardless of race or background.
- Lenape (Wikipedia)
- Delaware Languages (Wikipedia)
- Graphic Novels & Comics By The Aboriginal, Indigenous and Native Peoples Of The World (Goodreads/Listopia list)
- Lenape Lifeways
- Lenape / English Dictionary
- Lenape Talking Dictionary
- List of Native American Superheroes (Wikipedia)
- Mapping Mannahatta: 10 Lenape sites in New York City
- Native American Voting Rights
- Native Languages of the Americas: Lenape (Unami, Delaware, Lenni Lenape)
- Official Site of the Delaware Tribe of Indians
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Note that all links below the books go to Goodreads so you can discover more about the book on your own. Enjoy and drop me a quick note if you find a book not listed here that you think I might like to read!
The Lenape People
Native American Culture & History
Manhattan & NYC History